Hessle High School part of The Hessle Academy Community Trust 2016 GCSE highlights:
- 72% of students achieved the Basics measure, attaining an A* - C in both English & Maths
- 70% of students achieved 5 GCSEs grades A* - C including Maths & English and 3 other ‘good’ GCSE’s
- 33% achieved English Baccalaureate, beating the national average for the fifth consecutive year
- Progress 8 was +0.4, meaning students on average achieved half a grade higher than their projection from Key Stage 2 outcomes
- 85% of students achieved an A* - C in Maths and 100% of students achieved A* - G in Maths and English.
- Following last week's outstanding A Level results, Hessle High School is celebrating success again after beating last year's record GCSE results and achieving a 99% pass rate.
The Hessle Academy is once again celebrating today after Sixth Form Students not only achieved the best A Level results in the school’s history last week but Hessle High School students have also beaten 2015’s record GCSE results.
72% of students achieved the Basics measure, attaining an A* - C in both English and Maths. This was up from 68% in 2015. 70% of students achieved the previous Gold Standard measurement of 5 GCSEs grades A* - C including Maths & English and 3 other ‘good’ GCSE’s, up from 66% in 2015 and 33% achieved the English Baccalaureate, beating the national average for the fifth consecutive year.
Sarah Young, Executive Headteacher, commented, “I am absolutely thrilled with our headline measures and our results truly reflect what can be achieved with the right teaching, facilities, support and attitude to learning.’
“We have made significant progress in Maths and English with 72% achieving an A* - C. There has also been much improvement in Technology subjects, due in part to the students benefitting from the brand new facilities at the Academy. Our students also continue to perform strongly in individual science subjects and Humanities to name but a few.