Options the school provides parents
Concerns regarding students should initially be taken to House Leaders:
- Ariel House - Miss A Pinkney
- Cassio House - Mr N Leckenby
- Orlando - Mr L Julian
- Portia - Mrs T Taylor
Other staff in the Student Support Team
- Youth and Family Support - S Barnett
- Careers Adviser - Mr J James
- Attendance and Welfare Manager - Mrs S Ward
- Learning Centre Staff - Mrs H Ridley
- Safeguarding Manager - Mrs Hanning
House Leaders will meet with parents to establish the nature of the concern and provide a support plan that may involve outside agencies to support the young person and the family.
The school has well developed links with the following agencies:
- Education Welfare Service
- Youth and Family Support Service
- Social Services
- Health Service
- Rights and Participation Project (RAPP)
- Wings (Bereavement support)
- Educational Psychologist
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
House Leaders can provide parents with web links to follow up concerns and in certain cases indicate the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) in order to establish the level of need for a student or family.
You can view the Pastoral Support matrix PDF to see the avenues available to you.