Your introduction to the ParentPay online payment service
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay online for school lunches and other items such as; school visits, revision guides, music tuition
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/text payment reminders for items such as; low lunch balances, trip instalment payments due
- allows the merging of accounts if you have more than one child at school
- provides functionality to create a second payer account for a child, both parents/guardians are then able to make payments for the child
- offers a highly secure payment site
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or send large amounts of cash into school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, credit cards can be used
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- you never need miss a payment or have insufficient credit with automated email/text alerts
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- reduces paper waste
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- improves communication between the schools and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- helps us improve school-home communication
How do I get started?
Log on to www.parentpay.com using the username and password we send out to you. During the activation process you will be guided through changing your username and password to something more memorable. If you have misplaced your log in details, please contact our ParentPay Coordinators on 01482 648604 (HHS) or 01482 648808 (PPS).
For details of the functionality available on ParentPay; from making payments, viewing lunch purchases and payment history click here
How can I make payments and purchases if I do not have internet access?
Cash is not accepted within The Hessle Federation, but payments for school services can be made with cash at PayPoint outlets using a PayPoint Card or Barcode letter. The PayPoint outlet will scan the card/barcode we provide you with and take payment by cash from you.
PayPoint Stores in Hessle:
Village Newsagents, Co-Op, Williamson News, Total Shop, Metro C21, Costcutter
If it is necessary to pay by cheque, please make them payable to either Hessle High School or Penshurst Primary School, depending on which school your child attends. Alternatively, visit your local library or internet café to pay online or see whether you can get access to a computer at work.
How can I obtain a PayPoint card?
If you do not have internet access, please order your PayPoint card in order to pay for school lunches. Call 01482 648604 (HHS) or 01482 648808 (PPS) to speak with our ParentPay Coordinators. All other services; for example uniform, trips, after school clubs can be paid for using barcodes; these will be printed on letters we send to you regarding school services.
Is it safe to make payments on the internet?
Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
How can I check that it’s secure?
Standard website addresses begin with http; the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
What about our personal information?
ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account; however, ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998