Welcome to the School Council
The school council at Penshurst Primary School is a group of children, from all classes, who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school. The school council meets every two weeks to discuss any pupil concerns and to talk about student ideas for fundraising. Each class has one elected representative on the school council. These members are responsible for carrying out the ideas that have been agreed upon in a democratic way.
The school council gives all children a voice within the school and this voice has been and will be influential in the decision making process at Penshurst.
The School Council has already played a huge role in this year’s improvement, such as:
- Purchasing new outdoor playground equipment
- Discussion and promotion of esafety within the school
- Organising fundraising events such as book sales and the Summer Fayre
Future Projects include:
- Further fundraising events
- Building an outdoor stage area for performances