16 to 19 Bursary Fund
Vulnerable Bursary Award
£1,200 (£30 per week, term-time only). Paid weekly directly into the student's bank account.
- In care or is a care leaver
- In receipt of Income Support or equivalent Universal Credit
- In receipt of both Disability Living Allowance (or Personal Independence Payments) and Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit
Discretionary Award Tier 1
£15 per week, term-time only. Paid approximately every four weeks directly into the student's bank account.
- Was in receipt of Free School Meals in Year 11
- In receipt of Free School Meals in Year 12/13
- Have a total household income of less than £16,190 (Free School Meals eligibility criteria)
Discretionary Award Tier 2
A one off single payment to assist with specific equipment and resources, educational visits and transport etc. Paid directly into the student's bank account.
- Priority will be given to students resident in a household with a total income of up to £25,000 (Student grant criteria)
In addition to the specific award criteria detailed above; the following must also be met for all:
- Be a student enrolled with us studying a minimum of 12 guided learning hours per week
- Be at least 16 years old but under 19 on 31 August 2015
- Award payments are subject to 100% attendance being achieved (see bursary fund agreement for more details)
How to Apply
Application forms are available from your Pastoral Manager in Sixth Form.