WEEK 11 - Friday 26 November 2021
Dates to remember:
Year 5 Swimming Wednesdays and Thursdays from 24 November
Christmas Fair Wednesday 1 December
Staff Training Day Friday 10 December
Productions FS2 25 November 1.30-2.30pm and 26 November 10.00-11.00am
Y1 8 December 1.30-2.00pm and 9 December 9.30-10.00am
Y2/3 Wednesday 1 Dec 1.30-2.30pm, Thursday 2 Dec 1.30-2.30pm and Friday 3 December 10.00-11.00am
Y4-6 Tuesday 14 December 1.30-2.15pm at Hessle All Saints Church
Flu immunisation Wednesday 15 December
Christmas Lunch Wednesday 15 December
Last day of term Friday 17 Dec 1.30 finish
Over the next couple of months, we will be seeking your opinions on a number of school activities and provision via Google forms and we have begun this by sending questionnaires to parents of children with additional needs. We are looking to improve communication with parents and check that we are doing everything possible in school to provide the right care for individuals. It has been impossible to have parents into school over the past two years and so we are really starting to focus on rebuilding face to face communication and making sure you are best informed about your child.
Every school is entitled to extra money to help children whose parents access the following criteria:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
It is really important that we know if you access any of the above as we can then receive extra money in school to help your child. This could be in the form of extra staffing or maybe resources. It can also help to fund clubs, trips, the Nurture room and breakfast clubs ensuring we can continue with these provisions.
Please fill in the form we are sending home as soon as you can as it may just be that you do qualify and we can access additional support for your child in school. It is really important that you fill this in even if your child receives universal free school meals as it will still bring extra money into school to use in the classroom. We need your help to access this extra money.
Have a lovely weekend.
Head of School