Every year we hold an Open Evening in the Autumn Term which parents and children from our locality and beyond are invited to attend.
We are not selective and recruit from the full ability range of children in accordance with the National Fair Admissions Policy.
Places are allocated in line with the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's co-ordinated admission scheme and we prioritise as follows:
- Children who are looked after by a local authority and children who were previously looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order
- Children who live in the school's designated catchment area
- Children who have a sibling attending the school in Reception or Years 1 to 10
- Children who have attended Penshurst Primary School and Hessle All Saints CE VC Junior School since the beginning of the National Curriculum Year 3
- Children who live closest to the school
- Places will next be given to children of members of staff at The Hessle Academy
Applications received relating to children with statements of special educational needs will be dealt with in accordance with the National Code of Practice on Special Educational Needs. Where a school is named in a child’s statement of educational special needs, the school has a duty to admit the child.
If you want to apply for a place for entry into Year 7 at Hessle High School, you will need to nominate us as your preferred school on the common application form and send it completed to your home local authority, or complete the online application.
Our normal school admissions arrangements apply when a child is transferring from primary school to secondary education at the end of Year 6. Please visit your local authority website for more specific information on how to apply.
View full information on Hessle High School's 2017-18 admission arrangements.
Key Dates for 2018-19
Deadline for applications to your local authority:
Wednesday 31 October 2018
Local Authority notification of school place:
Friday 1 March 2019
For children starting Year 7 in September 2019
- To view our recent Ofsted report, please click here
- For information on bus routes, please click here (for students from South of the River Humber, please contact us for transport information 01482 648604)
- To look at an example menu, please click here and the price list here
- To view the associate Headteachers presentation from our Open Evening please click here
More information will appear here shortly, please check back regularly.