Online Payment System
The school dining hall offers a light and airy space for children to sit, eat and chat with their friends before school when breakfast is available, at break and lunchtimes. Children who eat packed lunch are able to sit with their peers who are eating a catered lunch, providing a really sociable activity time.
In addition, we provide a tuck shop at the end of school for those staying at after school clubs or study sessions. ParentPay is the school's online payment system, designed to make paying for a wide range of school services compatible with the busy lives we all lead as parents. You will receive an individual password for your child, this account must be activated by logging into ParentPay.
The purchases your child makes for meals is automatically deducted from your ParentPay account. You can view the meals choices your child has made. The cafeteria service works on a cashless biometric finger image system and provides many benefits in terms of convenience, safety and security for our students. The biometric links to your ParentPay account.
How do I get started?
We shall issue a username and password to you. Log on to www.parentpay.com using the details and during the activation process you will be guided through changing your username and password to something more memorable. If you have misplaced your login details, please contact the Finance Department on 01482 469838 or alternatively email email@example.com.
View details of the functionality available on ParentPay; from making payments, viewing lunch purchases and payment history.
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay online for school lunches and other items such as; school visits, school equipment, etc.
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/text payment reminders for items such as; low lunch balances and trip instalment payments due
- allows the merging of accounts if you have more than one child at a ParentPay school
- provides functionality to create a second payer account for a child, both parents/guardians are then able to make payments for the child
- offers a highly secure payment site
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or send large amounts of cash into school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, credit cards can be used
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- you never need miss a payment or have insufficient credit with automated email/text alerts
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- reduces paper waste
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- improves communication between the schools and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- helps us improve school-home communication
How can I make payments and purchases if I do not have internet access?
Cash is not accepted within The Hessle Academy, but payments for school items can be made with cash at PayPoint outlets using a PayPoint Card or Barcode letter. The PayPoint outlet will scan the card/barcode we provide you with and take payment by cash from you.
PayPoint stores near to Hessle High and Penshurst Primary:
- Todays Local, The Weir
- Village Newsagents, The Square
- Co-Op, The Square
- Premier Williamsons News, Hull Road
- Meadows General Store, Hull Road
- First Lane Convenience
- Northfield Convenience, Beverley Road
- Kisan Food & Wine, Cambridge Road
- Sainsburys, Bethune Avenue
- Tesco Esso Express, Boothferry Road
To find a store convenient to you visit www.paypoint.com
How can I obtain a PayPoint card?
If you do not wish to pay online for school items, please order a PayPoint card in order to pay for school lunches at local convenience stores, using the PayPoint network. More information can be found here.
Call 01482 469838 option 2 to request a PayPoint card and barcodes to pay for all other school items. E.g. trips, school equipment, etc.
Is it safe to make payments on the internet?
Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
How can I check that it is secure?
Standard website addresses begin with http; the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
What about our personal information?
ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account; however, ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.