Enrol your Child
Every year Penshurst Primary School has 70 places per year group available. We are not selective and recruit from the full ability range of children in accordance with the National Fair Admissions Policy.
Places are allocated in line with the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's co-ordinated admission scheme and we prioritise as follows:
- Children who are looked after by a local authority and children who were previously looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order
- Children who live in the school's designated catchment area
- Children who have a sibling attending the school in Reception or Years 1 to 10
- Children who live closest to the school
- Places will next be given to children of members of staff at The Hessle Academy
Applications received relating to children with statements of special educational needs will be dealt with in accordance with the National code of Practice on Special Educational Needs. Where a school is named in a child’s statement of educational special needs, the school has a duty to admit the child.
View full information on Penshurst Primary School's 2017-18 admission arrangements.
Applying from inside East Yorkshire
If you live in the East Riding of Yorkshire you will need to apply to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's School Admissions Team or by completing the online School Admission Form.
Applying from outside East Yorkshire
If you live outside the East Riding of Yorkshire you must apply for a school place through the local authority responsible for the area where you live, even if you want a place at a school in another local authority's area.
Your home local authority will then forward your application to the East Riding to consider.
To apply to Hull City Council you will need to apply to the Hull City Council’s School Admissions Team by completing the following admissions form. Apply online for primary/secondary school places.
The Families Information Service Hub (FISH) provide a source of information for families and practitioners working with children and young people.
Please be aware that attending the school nursery does not automatically guarantee a place in the school and you must still apply in the normal way.