All learners at Hessle High School and Sixth Form College will:
1. Take part in a careers programme: Learners in Year 7 – 13 will take part in a careers programme that helps them to understand their education, training, employment and other progression opportunities available to them: Develop the skills they need to plan and manage their own personal development and career progression Access relevant information and learning from taster activities and workshops Make and maintain individual progression plans to help them improve their prospects of success Offer feedback and ideas on how to improve the careers programme.
2. Have access to, and support with using careers information: Careers information will be easy to find and available at convenient locations, including web based career sites: Clearly labelled and referenced Comprehensive, giving details of all progression opportunities and associated support arrangements such as financial help Unbiased and accurate.
3. Obtain careers guidance that is: Impartial Confidential Focused on individual needs and fit for purpose Supportive of equal opportunities Provided by people with relevant training and expertise.
All parents and carers can expect to:
- Be able to make an appointment with a member of staff or CEIAG specialist to discuss their children’s progress and future prospects
- Have access to tutors, subject teachers and members of the CEIAG Team at parents information evenings
- Have the opportunity to comment on the usefulness of the careers programme to their children and how it could be improved
- Be able to access the current school Careers Programme Information
- Have access to the school's careers leader on 01482 648604 or by contact the school office email@example.com